Your first visit...
We will take a full medical history, and perform an examination to test for movement restriction and pain, after which we will talk with you about what we think has gone wrong, and how we think we can help.
There are many different techniques an osteopath can use to help reduce pain, and at Kilbirnie Osteopaths Wellington
we use the whole range from gentle cranial techniques, to soft tissue releases, joint articulation and manipulation. We do however focus on the techniques we think will work best for you, and which will work with your body to stimulate healing and remove the restrictions that are preventing your body from healing itself.
Our practice has all ages attending and we enjoy the challenge of each age group. We like to actively involve our patients in their treatment by suggesting exercise or lifestyle changes that you can do at home to increase the benefit gained from the treatment.
Before you come...
…make your first appointment on a day when you won’t have to do strenuous exercise after your osteopathic treatment.
- arrive a few minutes early to fill out forms
- ensure you (or your child) have had some water and a snack before your treatment
- bring relevant x-rays, Plunket book, ACC forms, if appropriate
- please wear comfortable clothing that is not too restrictive
- we recommend you avoid vigorous activity or strenuous work for 24 hours
- you may feel tired and need to rest or even sleep
- you may have an increase in symptoms for a short period of time
- please call your osteopath if you are concerned at all